Why Should I List My Business on Google+?
Google+ is Google’s social network, so it integrates closely with Google services like Search and Maps. Information that you add to your Google+ page feeds directly into Google search results, and 35% of consumers use Google as their first choice for online business searches. So, creating, verifying and updating your page is crucial if you don’t want to miss out on new customers. Below, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to create and verify your Google+ page.
Create and Verify Your Google+ Local Business Page: A Step-By-Step Guide
- Open this link to begin creating your Google+ account: https://plus.google.com/pages/create.
- Choose “Storefront” if you have a physical location. If you serve customers at their houses, choose “Service Area” instead. If you have multiple locations, you will notice a link at the bottom of the page for “Google My Business Locations”. Here, you will have the option to add multiple locations.
- Search for your business.
- Google collects data from third parties, so your business may have already been indexed although you haven’t set up your Google+ page. Even if your business is already listed, setting up your Google+ page is very important. If you see your business, click on it and proceed to step 7. If you don’t see your business, see steps 5 and 6.
- If you did not see your business in the results from step 4, click “None of these match”.
- Submit your information, and wait 1-2 weeks for a postcard in the mail. This postcard will allow you to verify your business. Continue to step 6.
- Click “Call me now” to verify your business by phone. Answer the call and enter the code that Google provides you with.
- Congrats! You have now created and verified your Google+ account.
Customize and Improve Your Page
Now that you have created and verified your Google+ page, you can begin making it your own. Use your Google+ page as a “shop window” by customizing the header image. To help your customers find you, enter a summary of your business into the “story” portion of your profile. Be sure to also include your phone number, email address, and links to every other site where your business can be found. Additionally, update your profile photo with something that is representative of your business – if you have a logo, this would be a great place to put it.
Frequently updating your Google+ page is a great way to keep customers engaged. For instance, if you own a hair salon, you can post pictures of client hair styles during prom season.
By creating, verifying, and maintaining your local business’ Google+ page, you can greatly improve your business’ online presence.