Why Should I List My Business on Yelp?
Yelp is an online business review guide that helps consumers connect with local businesses. Claiming and verifying your page lets you respond to reviews and edit basic business information seen by Yelp’s more than 130 million monthly visitors. According to data from Nielsen, 44% of Yelp users visit a local business after viewing their Yelp page, and 41% make a purchase. Yelp is not only important as a stand-alone website – it also fuels searches across search engines and business indexes with local business reviews and listings. As a result, it is very important that your Yelp page is claimed and verified. Below, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to claim and verify your Yelp page.
Create and Verify Your Local Business’ Yelp Page: A Step-By-Step Guide
- There is a possibility that your business is already listed on Yelp since Yelp accepts listing information from third party databases. If your business is already listed, you can still claim it – just visit https://biz.yelp.com/claiming.
- If your business has not been listed on Yelp yet, go to: https://biz.yelp.com/signup/new
- Click ‘Claim my business”.
- Search for your business and once you’ve found it, click “Claim”.
- At this point, if you don’t have an account, you’ll be asked to create one.
- Verify by phone by clicking “Call me now”.
- Enter the pin code on your phone.
- If you can’t verify by phone, click the appropriate link and fill out the form.
- When you are done, click “Submit changes”.
Now that your account is set up, you can begin to reap the benefits of having a Yelp page. Begin by adding photos, business hours, and important information such as promotions and contact information. Yelp also has a metrics feature, which allows you to track Yelp page traffic. Further, you’ll be able to see how users interacted with your business. Yelp tracks mobile check-ins, calls to your business, directions to your business, photos uploaded, and clicks to your website.
Your Yelp page will also allow you to respond to customer reviews, which can tremendously improve customer engagement. If a customer leaves a positive review, you can publicly thank them which will encourage them to return. Similarly, if a customer leaves a negative review, you can publicly promise that you’ll rectify the situation. Yelp also recently introduced Yelp Messages, which will allow customers and businesses to interact via a private messaging service directly on Yelp’s website.
Yelp is an invaluable tool for local businesses, so be sure to verify and claim your page!