Working at a start-up is different than a traditional office atmosphere. Waay different. Suits & ties are exchanged for Bahama Tees and cargo shorts (but not really), earphones are replaced by communal music (DJ’s always welcome), and Mondays around the water cooler turn into hang-outs by the keg.
Signpost is no different – and after an extensive poll of our incredible office managers in Austin, Denver and New York, we’ve narrowed down 13 things that makes a Signposter, well a Signposter.
1. You use the word ‘Impact’ in every other sentence
We all have an impact every day and sometimes, you’ll find yourself using ‘Impact’ as a filler word like ‘uhm’ and ‘hmm.’
2. You tell your friends to choose small local businesses when they shop
And lecture them about the reasons why they should if they don’t.
3. You are amazed by how much work you can do with music that belongs in a night club
Who knew ‘Animals’ (by Martin Garrix) was such a good song to make calls and write emails.
4. You always want to win even if there’s no competition
You can make a competition out of anything and that crazy drive to win can spill into your interactions outside of the office.
5. You start the year without shaving
Move over Movember, at Signpost we’re all about Manuary. Halfway through this year’s annual Manuary fundraiser and we’ve already passed the $6,000 mark in donations! That’s a lot of hair.
6. You have experienced different office space as the company grows quickly
At least you’ll master the art of making new friends! Oh wait…still the same people.
7. Your favorite clothing brand is Max the Mole
Nordstrom super-saver deal going on? Kenneth Cole? No thanks, I got Max the Mole.
8. Your middle name is Coffee and Seltzer
You can call me Seltzer…Coffee Seltzer. And you know to grab extra packs of Hazelnut when re-stock day comes around.
9. You can help anybody to get found
You’ve spent so much time helping local businesses get found, you’ve mastered the art of finding the needle in the haystack – on multiple occasions.
10. You have preferred ping pong paddle and go-to partner for doubles
11. You know new hires by their lack of a GIF game
Oh, no gif in your email reply? You must be new here.
12. You high-five so much your hands are numb
Whenever a sale is made, you tense in anticipation of the incoming high-fives – in the best way possible.
13. You love it here
Cause at the end of the day, we’re all here for one reason – to empower local businesses to be the best they can be and have fun in the process.